Despite the state's dry climate, palm trees are a common sight in Texas, providing welcome shade and boosting curb appeal.
However, what occurs when a previously flourishing palm tree begins to wilt and die? Don't give up hope just yet; with some tender loving care and J Davis's experienced counsel in Arlington, Texas, your dying palm tree may be brought back to life.
Understanding the Causes of dying Palm Trees
The causes of a dying palm tree must be determined before any attempts at revival can be made.
Inadequate irrigation, illness, pest infestations, and weather damage are frequent reasons for palm tree death. When trying to bring the tree back to life, pinpointing the exact cause of death is paramount.
Schedule an appointment with J Davis Tree Care Services. Our ISA Certified Arborists can help you maintain a tree-friendly yard. Give us a call today!
5 Steps to Reviving a Dying Palm Tree
- Scrutinize the palm tree to gauge the level of destruction. Are the fronds turning yellow and drooping, or has the trunk turned brown and brittle? Using this data, you may better determine how to bring the tree back to life.
- Inadequate irrigation is a leading cause of palm tree mortality. Take care, not to over- or under-water the tree. Keeping the soil around the tree moist but not drenched is essential.
- If the tree seems to be malnourished, it may benefit from fertilization. Follow the directions on the fertilizer carefully, then use it on your palm tree.
- To improve the tree's aesthetics and allow it to refocus its resources on its health, prune off any dead or dying fronds. Pruning tools should be kept clean and sharp to prevent any injury to the tree.
- If the measures above do not revive the tree, it may be time to call in an expert. Any problems with your palm tree can be pinpointed and treated by the professionals at J Davis in Arlington, Texas.
Get Help To Revive Dying Palms in Chandler With J Davis
If you take your time and follow the proper procedures, you can bring a palm tree back from the brink of death. To ensure the tree's health, properly care for it by watering, fertilizing, and pruning it, and if necessary, seek professional assistance.
Your once-frail palm tree can be brought back to life with the help of J Davis in Arlington, Texas. And you can count on J Davis to take care of all your palm tree trimming needs.
Contact J Davis Tree Care Services today to schedule a consultation with one of our certified arborists.
Together, we can ensure that your trees are healthy and beautiful, no matter what Mother Nature throws our way.
For the best tree programs, use the compact form below for a direct response or our customer reviews on BBB, Yelp, or Yellow Pages.